Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ennui Bag Done, Dammit

This is the grey wool bag I've been working on for a week or two. I finished it on Sunday while I watched Sleepy Hollow (mmmm, Johnny Depp), sorta felted it, and finally got a picture of it today, since it's taken almost a week to dry. I wound up leaving off the side gussets because I was running out of yarn and I didn't feel like spinning more. I also neglected to embroider anything on it. I sort of half-assedly felted it in the tub just to smooth out the surface. I still might put it in the washer. The main problem is that since it doesn't have any pockets I'll need to either put in a lining with pockets or buy a little zippered bag to put all my pencils, pens, Altoids, and other Nerd Gear into. I might knit a tiny version of the Dark Mark bag, felt it, & put a zipper on that to dump little crap into.

It was originally the Esme bag from Rowan Magazine #38, but I was so bored with life in general when I started it that I've renamed it Ennui. Remember in Ed Gorey's Gashlycrumb Tinies "N is for Neville who died of ennui"? The boy died of boredom.

So don't die when you look at the bag.

Thrown by Severina @ 5:32 PM

Read or Post a Comment

K that bag is just fancy!

Thrown by Blogger MsFortuknit @ 8:11 PM #
 

I love the bag. Beautimus!

Thrown by Blogger Unknown @ 10:14 PM #
 

It's a very nice bag, and you know what you've made me relaise? I don;t own Sleepy Hollow yet! Or Willy Wonka! Or Edward Scissorhands or even Chocolat.

I'm seriously lacking Johnny Depp in my collection.

Thrown by Blogger Suzi @ 12:14 AM #
 

Everybody needs a little Johnny Depp in their life!!! So get thee down to thy village video store!

Funny, I couldn't stand him on 21 Jump Street waaayyy back in the 80's. I watched it but I thought he was just too "pretty" to be interesting.

I was a stupid stupid girl.

Thrown by Blogger Severina @ 6:24 AM #
 

Oh yeah, Johnny Depp. Yummmmm! I don't own Edward Scissorhands or Sleepy Hollow either. I must get them.

Thrown by Blogger Unknown @ 8:36 AM #
 

i don't think he could stand *himself* on 21 Jump St, actually.

and Neville is my FAVORITE. it'd be a good name for a cat. they are experts in ennui.

ok, you have become a Felting Fiend. and i love the bag, the pattern (and color) are to die for.

Thrown by Blogger Obsidian Kitten @ 12:56 PM #
 
<< Home