Monday, September 04, 2006

That Kitten's a Real Pistil

I'm really not THAT cool, MsF just thinks I am, but I'm very tickled (trickled? treacled?) to be included in anything with "Stigmata" in the title.

I think I should make a special pair of wristwarmers for the occasion, yes? Cream-colored with bosomy crimson crochet roses blossoming from the palms. Hmmm.

Or is it more "stigmata" as in "marked"--like I should be wearing a big K on my chest for Kook/Knitter/Kat Keeper/Kreep/Keeper of Knowledge?

According to my American Heritage dictionary, stigmata (pl. of stigma) is a noun with three definitions:
1. A mark or token of infamy or disgrace. [Hey, I'll take infamy any day.] See Syns at stain.
2. Marks or sores corresponding to the crucifixion wounds of Jesus.
3. Bot. The apex of a flower pistil, on which pollen is deposited.
{From the Greek stigma, meaning "tattoo mark"}

Hey, it's all good. At the apex of a pistil, tokens of infamy! Lead on!

Thrown by Obsidian Kitten @ 2:06 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Oh now I want to see you wearing those wristwarmers. Ahhh, the roses would look like keloids!

There should be more disgusting medical things knitted, you know. Keloids, verukas, plague buboes. I'm going somewhere with this but I'm not sure just where.

Thrown by Blogger Severina @ 6:25 AM #
 

Ill take the tattoo version of the definition my darling kitten! Your the bestest little Kit in the hol' wooerd!
Im so glad that you came to play!

More medical terms, sternokleidomastoid,pons,anterior and posterior facial pillars! Wow my teachers wouldbe so impressed with my level of recall at this moment!

Thrown by Blogger MsFortuknit @ 7:57 PM #
 
<< Home