Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Some Stuff I Made

Because Severina commanded it...pics of a few Halloween things I've made.

Hallowreath, copied from one I saw in a magazine.
Made from an old feather boa and wire coat hangers.
"No wire hangers...!"


Crappy pic of cross-stitch done last year,
but you try getting a photo of 18 stitches per inch.
So I scanned her, beads and all.


First year we lived here on the farm I found this on the back nine...


...and made this for Halloween. It stays up all year round now.


I will soon put more Halloween pics up on my blog, but I'm too busy starting my Alien Illusion Scarf tonight. Woo-hoo! [I did wind up ribbing the bottom b/c I couldn't stand the curling, whether it would block out or not--it was aggravating me.]

Thrown by Obsidian Kitten @ 12:42 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Those are fab! Very industrious! I am a little green woman of envy!

Thrown by Blogger Suzi @ 2:10 AM #
 

My husband's idea of decorating used to be coating an entire room in velvet and hanging bones from the ceiling.. I see he's not alone in that idea. Our collection of bones somehow got left when we moved.. I had some really cool jawbones and half of a horse skull that I found in New Mexico.

Thrown by Blogger Mouse @ 4:56 AM #
 

A woman of many talents and a farm where things come to die!

I used to decorate with rubber bats & life-sized glow in the dark skeletons but I got over that a few years ago and now put up photos of surly Victorians and coffin ads.

This makes me want to crochet the wearable web for the back of my black sofa and make some tacky crushed velvet pillows.

I'd really love to make some of those ultra tacky crocheted gee-gaws from my old craft books. I've got some pretty obnoxious crocheted doily patterns from the 1870's I could be making.

Thrown by Blogger Severina @ 7:20 AM #
 

How fantastico!
Sev you should post those awesome coffin photos that you had up on your page awhile ago that scared people away! hahahah

Thrown by Blogger MsFortuknit @ 9:10 AM #
 

I love the cross stitch witch, too cute. I need to get more Halloween decorations. I told my Hubby last night..."Everyone decorates for Xmas, ehy not Halloween?" Hehehehe...

Thrown by Blogger Unknown @ 9:29 AM #
 

I love the cross stitch witch, too cute. I need to get more Halloween decorations. I told my Hubby last night..."Everyone decorates for Xmas, ehy not Halloween?" Hehehehe...

Thrown by Blogger Unknown @ 9:29 AM #
 

Groovy pictures! Something about that cross-stitch is so home-y/domestic and comforting. And the Hallowreath is awesome! Is that a horse or cow skeleton?

I have some bat lights (a la Xmas) that I haven't put up in a couple of years due to laziness.

Thrown by Blogger Glaistig @ 3:28 PM #
 

the skeleton was from a deer that got hit in the road in front of our house. out here no one comes to clean it up--if it's in front of your house, you gotta clean it up yourself. (poor city girl, me, kept thinking: shouldn't some civil servant get paid to do this?)

fortunately, my dad has a tractor...i helped him scoop the poor thing up into the tractor bucket and he dumped it at the back of our fields.

i did make the mistake of going back there periodically to look at it.

one day...it was seething wiht BUCKETS of maggots.
i'd never seen maggots before.
i mean, effin' rivers of maggots.
not good.
i advise you to avoid maggots if at all possible.

um, was this an overshare?

i also have a cow's skull that my uncle saved for me after he butched one year, then let bleach in the sun for a couple seasons. aside from one slightly chipped horn, it's really fabulous. very Georgia O'Keefe. or very morbid. depending.

Thrown by Blogger Obsidian Kitten @ 11:00 PM #
 

You lived in NYC and never saw maggots? I guess I really must have had some disgusting neighbors here!

But yeah when I was a kid living in Hicksville we saw all kinds of things get hit in the road, snakes, turtles, deer, cows, possums, skunks, etc. All flattened out too much for any bone collecting. They would've made great frisbees, though.

Thrown by Blogger Severina @ 3:43 PM #
 
<< Home